The past few days I have been enquiring about how to get back to submitting articles and stories, poetry, etc. once again, on FaithWriters. I have missed my many friends, and due to a computer crash, have lost email addresses, along with a lot of other things.
A year or so ago my website was closed down. After enquiring “WHY” and getting nowhere, I gave up. But because I had put the website link on all the articles I had submitted to FW, and because that link led to something that had nothing to do with me, I took all my articles, stories, and poetry out of FaithWriters. Of course there are certain things, like challenges, etc., that I couldn’t remove.
Other “facts of life” kept me from my computer, such as added home responsibilities and duties—everyone knows about such things in life. And then because of the computer crash, Windows XP was no longer available for me--thus I had to upgrade to Windows 7. Well I happen to be one who does not take easily to change. I’m gradually getting used to it. But it has taken me a very long time to find all my writings. (Many are still missing!) However, life goes on.
One thing does NOT change however, and that is my faith and my beliefs:
Statement of Faith
I believe in:
* The only true and living God, infinite, eternal, unchangeable.
* The inspiration and final authority of the Scriptures--Old and New Testaments.
* The Virgin birth, and Deity of our Lord Jesus.
* The physical resurrection of Christ from the dead.
* The personality and Deity of the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity.
* The personality of the Devil as the enemy of Christ, the saints, and the angels.
* The fall of man and the depravity of the human race.
* The guilty and lost condition of all humankind, outside of Christ.
* Salvation by faith through the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ.
* The infilling of the Holy Spirit for the child of God.
* The life of Christian victory through faith in and obedience to Jesus Christ, under the Holy Spirit.
* The second premillennial coming of Christ.
* The physical resurrection of all men—believers to everlasting joy, the lost to everlasting conscious torment.
* The Church's sole business—shunning worldly alliances and looking for her Lord's return—to spread the Gospel to all the world.
Oh God, I need a stillness, Deep within my soul, That I may feel You ever near, Though troubled waters roll. Oh God, I need a stillness To wait more patiently. I know You hear my longing cry. I know You'll answer me. Oh God, I need a stillness To meditate and pray, A time to get to know You, Lord. Much better every day. Oh God, I need a stillness, My dry soul to renew. I need Thy Holy Spirit's power To fill me through and through. Oh God, I need a stillness To know Your perfect will, To walk the path You'd have me walk. To hear, "My child, be still."