Return to Content
Read Our Devotional
Opportunities to be Published
The Home for Christian Writers! Matthew 6:33
ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
Add to Favorites
10 Ways to Incorporate God In Your Home
Author requests article critique
God is the cornerstone of our family's life. Our family faces spiritual warfare around every corner so it’s vital we build our home on a spiritual foundation that’s constructed on the word of God. There are a number of scriptures in the bible discussing the importance of training our children. Where does this training begin? Our home is the starting point for the development our children’s relationship with the bible and God. Life is busy for everyone but we should never be too busy to find ways to honor and encourage our children’s love for him. Here are 10 ideas on how to incorporate God into your home.
1. Family bible study- Schedule a day to study the scriptures together outside of church. Family bible study is a spiritual bonding experience that will enhance your family’s relationship with one another and God.
2. Create a spiritual statement for your family-Write a spiritual statement that reflects what God, his principals, and commandments mean to your family. Verbalize your commitment to God as a family and frame it in your home.
3. Attend church together- Church is more than a ritual. Church is a place where members of the body of Christ gather to fellowship, worship and share their spiritual gifts. Church can be a second home to your children and an anchor when they are out in the world surrounded by temptations. Going to church together as a family strengthens each of you individually and collectively.
4. Gift each family member a blessings journal- Journaling is a wonderful way for your family to record their prayers, blessings and thoughts. Journals are great gifts for birthdays, Christmas or an annual New Year’s present. It is a wonderful gift when they’re able to look back in their journal and see the many ways that God has blessed them and answered their prayers.
5. Create a grateful calendar- Each person writes one thing they are grateful for from God on the calendar every day. It reminds your kids how much they have to be grateful for and may help them take less for granted.
6. Encourage youth fellowship in your home- If you have tweens or teens encourage them to join a youth fellowship group and have them meet in your home to have bible study or even to just hang out.
7. Develop spiritual goals for your family-Spiritual goal for your family are essential for your spiritual growth as a family and for individual maturity. Spiritual goals can be bible study, tithing, serving, scripture memorization, or anything that God moves on you to do. Pray about your goals as a family.
8. Pray together-Carve out a time in the day for family prayer (before school, bedtime , etc.). The family that prays together stays together.
9. Honor spiritual holidays and create traditions around them- Don’t allow holidays to be just about the gifts. Create rich holiday traditions that express the real meaning of the holiday and honors God. For example, this year you may want to try implementing advent in your Christmas tradition to celebrate the birth of Jesus in the days leading up to the 25th.
10. Guard your home and keep it holy-Pay attention to what is coming into your home and cleanse it regularly.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BELOW
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Reader Count & Comments
This article has been read
Read more articles by
or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
FaithWriters offers Christian reading material for Christian readers. We offer Christian articles, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, Christian Bible studies, Christian poems, Christian articles for sale, free use Christian articles, Christian living articles, New Covenant Christian Bible Studies, Christian magazine articles and new Christian articles. We write for Jesus about God, the Bible, salvation, prayer and the word of God.
Link To Us
Become A Member