Return to Content
Read Our Devotional
Opportunities to be Published
The Home for Christian Writers! Matthew 6:33
ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
Add to Favorites
Out Of An Horrible Pit
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. (Psalm 40:2)
July 11, 2009 2am had severe pain in chest and could hardly breathe... so went to neighbour for prayer but the symptoms persisted so was forced to call 999 (UK equivalent of 911). Up to that time had not been to doctors or taken any medicine for about 21 years.
August 3 Had triple heart bypass (CABG x 3).
Sept. 21 Had 2nd operation to remove growth from my bladder (TURBT).
Am presently out of hospital But I need prayer to recover/heal.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8: 28)
It is not all doom and gloom. For example:-
1. Saw all immediate family - some members of which I hadn’t seen for some time!
2. My heart surgeon Prof Bonser was mentored by Christiaan Barnard who did the first heart transplant in Dec.3, 1967. Bonser is considered one of the best surgeons for heart ops in the world. Also I was told that the urology department ( where I had my bladder surgery done) has an excellent reputation for surgery and care.
3. Had a long term Christian friend working in intensive care while I was in hospital. Also met again other Christian friends who I had previously met working in the hospital wards where I resided for periods of time. These Christians were a great blessing to me and gave me favour.
4. Presently walking longer distances every week and generally on the mend from operations. Many people in hospital around me died, for example in intensive care shortly after I left 4 people died within a 24 hr period. Also when I was transferred to a recovery ward after intensive care a man died 5 weeks after being released from hospital.
5. When I was in hospital they found a growth in my bladder in the nick of time.
Last but not least I thank the LORD for bringing me “out of an horrible pit” and also for the people who prayed for me, gave me practical help and paid me a visit whilst I was hospital and at home.
Many Thanks and God bless,
CLICK HERE for picture
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BELOW
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Reader Count & Comments
This article has been read
| Next >
Read more articles by
or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
FaithWriters offers Christian reading material for Christian readers. We offer Christian articles, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, Christian Bible studies, Christian poems, Christian articles for sale, free use Christian articles, Christian living articles, New Covenant Christian Bible Studies, Christian magazine articles and new Christian articles. We write for Jesus about God, the Bible, salvation, prayer and the word of God.
Link To Us
Become A Member