The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1468 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/09
I love everything about your name "Limelight Lilly" (the alliteration and the consonance). The use of words like "catwalk" and "heart-throb" in your first stanza, along with "limelight" add so much. You have many good poetic elements in this poem and your ending sentence is fabulous. "How fleet of foot is flitting fame!!"
05/12/09
You have done a good job showing how fleeting physical beauty and fame are. If only Limelight Lilly had known that a gentle and quiet spirit in a Godly woman is truly beautiful and that it only improves with age, and is never out-dated. Great lessons expressed in this poem!
05/14/09
How sad and how true! If we pursue life's pleasures we'll miss the big one at the end --the true treasure of the Kingdom of God. I liked this poem.
This is so good and very sad, partly because it is true to life. A very moving lesson! Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece with us!! Congrats on your win too! God bless!
Congratulations on your win with this delightful poem.
05/14/09
How did I miss this poem before now? The title alone would have normally pulled me in. Congratulations on your recognition. This was a well-written poem with a strong message. You were true to your rhyme and rhythm all the way through. Well done!
This is a creative use of the topic...and is full of truth. It makes me think of things like priorities, character, and what really, truly matters. Which means you did your job.