The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 842 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/10/10
I enjoyed reading your story. It got my attention quickly and I especially like the twist at the end. Well done!
06/11/10
An enjoyable story. Not sure why Michael had to be blind, though. Good writing in this piece.
This was an encouraging story. God brings a good out of every situation if we only wait for His timing.

The only thing that I didn't get though is if Michael was blind, why wasn't it mentioned before? When he helped the MC to her feet and lead her to the library it seemed he had no problem with his sight. Maybe you should have had the MC notice him wearing tinted glasses, or that he wasn't really looking at her when they were talking.

Aside from that, though, the story was great.
I like how you portrayed your mc helpless with everyone carelessly and impatiently passing her by. The twist at the end was good, and your message is clear.
06/15/10
This is a wonderful story and so well written. Also, an inspiration to many who may see that they, too, can still have a purpose - no matter their age or circumstances. Great job!
This is a very warm, wonderful story, and well told. (I sort of knew, when you called your helper Michael, who we were dealing with here.) Great message, and just a nice read. Thank you.
06/17/10
What a sweet story! I could easily see the MC's emotional pain at losing her husband, and I thought it was a nice effect for Michael to have a sight problem. I think it helped to show the audience and the suffering MC that our problems are not what define us -- God's love and grace at guiding us through the heartache are what's important.

I love the way your character was led back to God.

Congratulations on getting first place! This is so well-written it looks like an Advanced piece. :)
I enjoyed this one. A well-deserved first place! Congratulations!
06/17/10
Cheryl, this is so interesting and well-written. Real story-telling. I'm looking forward to more from you. Congrats on 1st place.

Mona
Awww! I love it! Congrats on your 1st place finish. :)