The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1879 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A great message packaged in an entertaining read. I loved the end with the brother preaching.
Delightful! I especially loved the folksie idioms.
05/26/06
Very entertaining. I liked the line about the long tailed cat in a roomful of rocking chairs. No bad apples in the end!
Well done! Delightful storytelling, living characters, and a truly satisfying ending.

I, too, enjoyed the flowing rhythm of thoughts and words, including the idioms. The one that really tickled me was "more fury than a skillet full of rattlesnakes."
05/26/06
I thought the idioms were a bit overdone. :-(
Still an enjoyable read.
05/28/06
Clever, entertaining, and with a good message.
Great story! I was a little confused about who the MC was, since you didn't mention him until the fourth paragraph, and it took me a minute to figure out the timeline when I got to the brother preaching. But overall a delightful story. Well done.
05/29/06
I really enjoyed this narrator's voice. You did a great job with the idioms, very authentic.
05/30/06
I loved all the idioms - as long as they're original and fit the character (which they did), then I say go for it!

I was confused about the MC for a while, too. I thought it was Taylor narrating, but you were switching from 1st to 3rd person inadvertantly. I figured it out, but that's something to watch for in the future.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story! Great job!!!
This was really great. I loved the "hillbilly" phrases. I had a chill when I saw that Mama had succeeded. Good job.
All tired moms can be encouraged by this tale! Great job! Cheri
06/01/06
Great job Christa, and a well deserved win. My son won't thank you for this litle reminder though.. :D
Way to go, Christa! Mucho congrats...You deserve it!
Congrats! A fun read with a punch!! Great Bible verse. :-)
Great story. I think every parent should read this one. There are too many parents that have let their children run the home. Congrats!
06/03/06
Great piece, Crista. Well deserved win. I loved the idioms - and the rest!