The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 431 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Really liked the phrase "...mockery on my plate." Good story!
08/03/19
Great title, and great message, along with great writing.
Well done,
Blessings~
08/03/19
Great point, all while making my mouth water. My favorite line: "...plated stack of gratifying happiness." Oh, the joy of a delicious meal! Loved your descriptions, and your point.
I want pancakes now. Your description of them was so well done. Good message, too. If I have any criticism at all, it's tiny. I think spoon or fork, etc., sounds better than "eating utensil." Helps with word count, too. One less word. ;) Great writing. Well done.
08/05/19
I don't care for pancakes, but your descriptions made them sound yummy. I like how you brought surprise into your entry in more than one way.
08/05/19
Your descriptions make me hungry even though I just ate. I might go make me some pancakes.

I really like the contrast between your expectations and the analogy of an expected proposal being a break-up. The change of mood was very effective.
08/06/19
Mmmm... very good description (show vs. tell)
Although you didn't focus on it, my mind went to the couple who observed the scene and showed love and kindness anonymously. So powerful!
I salivated my way through your delightfully written article--defnitely not a good surprise for you. I wondered if you were writing about iHop's cinnamon stack pancakes--my favorite, and my server always gives me extra cream cheese and whipped cream. Yum!
Well, that WAS a surprise. I held my breath until the ending, fearing it was something like rat poisoning. But you handled the situation better than I would have. I'd have sent it back to the kitchen after the first bite and ordered something entirely different on the menu. Good story!