The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 388 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/19
Love it all - especially when Dolly stepped forward. :)
This is a delightful story. Right away, you took me back in time. I could feel the heat of the crowd, the dustiness in the tent. The dialog really helped to develop your characters. I think you did an awesome job of writing on topic, and the ending was brilliant.
03/15/19
Powerfully written and expressed, great job with the topic. Thank you!

Blessings~
I didn't know where you were going with this but I felt like I was watching a movie. I didn't know whether Ed would be struck by lightning, exposed as the scammer that he was, or what. But you gave it a redeeming and heartwarming ending. Great entry and so well done!
Out of the box--great story--unpredictable with strong characterization
and excellent description. I loved it.
03/15/19
I love that the MC's name was part of his persona. Great use of the topic. Fun story with a great ending.
03/16/19
This is good. At first I was a bit mad at Ed... but he seems to have come around. Nice job with this.
03/16/19
I didn't know where you'd go with this, so I had to keep reading. What a great story with a nice ending. Well done.
03/16/19
Loved this. My mind is swirling with all the possibilities of who the younger man might be, especially since “Ed” was sensing himself change from inside out as well. I love Dolly’s way of supporting while also desiring integrity. She’s a praying woman, isn’t she? :)
03/18/19
I loved this! I felt like I was watching an old western TV show. I chuckled at the name Ed Bless. I thought for sure you would play on that and do a Bless-Ed! You did, kind of. Well done!
03/20/19
I LOVE this piece. So much so I wish I had written it!

I love that although it is light-hearted, there is a real truth to the story. And I am so glad that Ed Bless was changed by the appearance of the young man.
Congratulations on ranking 14 overall. Happy Dance!