The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 891 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/22/16
Beautiful ending...loved her inner thoughts, great story!

Blessings~
04/23/16
How can you squeeze so much story into a word limit? This is brilliant on so many levels. Great work.
04/24/16
I want to read the unabridged version!!
I was confused for quite a while though. I had to read the trailer scene a few times before I realised the drawer was the register drawer and that, due to some retail experience, large notes sometimes get placed under the drawer.
04/24/16
Also, if they'd paid for the sourdough and cherry pie, the balance should be less than $100 out. Unless of course Ginny made some small errors earlier too.
04/24/16
Ah, as pointed out to me, $100 (goods plus change) did leave the store and was "missing". ;)
One of the best short stories I've read in a long time. I loved the the characters, the misunderstanding in the plot--the ending. Could be published with no changes!
Beautiful in every way!
04/26/16
Enthralling. I love how he called her "Ma'am" and was a changed man. Everyone deserves a second chance. It was also lovely how they ended up getting married. Well written.
04/28/16
Congrats!

Blessings~
Congratulations Jan! I had this entry marked as one of my favorites before the winners were announced. Excellent story and well deserved 1st place award!
04/28/16
No surprise to see that ribbon sitting alongside your name. Great job for a well-deserved win!
04/29/16
Congratulations, Jan, on your well deserved 1st place EC award. I learn so much about the craft of writing just by reading your stories.
04/29/16
And me too. I learn a lot about the craft of writing by reading your work, especially when you became the mysterious Addie Pleasance. Congratulations on placing first with this super story.
04/30/16
Jan, The story was enthralling. It drew me in from start to finish. The ending was brillant. I learn so much reading your stoies and I'm so excited you are writing for the challenges. Masterfully done.

Congratulations on 1st place.
05/11/16
Stunning story of redemption and grace. Love, love, loved it!

You are a magical storyteller.