The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 629 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/26/14
Great job, enjoyed this from the first paragraph to the very last.

God bless~
07/27/14
I loved this too. Took me a bit to get oriented but after that, I got into it. It would be a fun novella. It kind of reminds me of a scarier - Bedtime Stories movie. :) Good to see you back, Josh. I came back for this week too.
07/27/14
Great job! It does sound like something that could be expanded on for a book. I too had a hard time at first getting orientated but now that I am I want more.


I liked the ending too.

Blessings
07/27/14
Josh! This was fantastic! It's so good to see you back in the challenge and this entry was so much fun. Great job!
I just want his book and quill :)
It reminded me of Henry and the Purple Crayon (Which I really like and tried to think of a way to write something like it this time.) only much more elaborate.
I would maybe think of something a little different for a title. Possibly something to the effect of 'Drawing Reality' or 'Frightful Consequences of not Following Directions.'
I liked the story line and the way you jumped straight into it. It did take a bit to figure it out but that's not a bad thing.
07/28/14
Great job, extremely creative and such a fun read. The boy was believable (cars, monsters and riches are exactly what every boy would draw for themselves - I'm not sure about the pet monster, though). :)

I agree with everyone else that this would make either a great kid's novel or series.

Nice work!
07/30/14
Definitely one of the most unique entries I've read thus far.

Your gift for the fantasy genre sparkles like the diamond creature you drew.
Awesome! I love this delightful cartwheeling tale.
08/01/14
I have really missed your twist. This entry is wonderful... A future movie?