The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 903 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/06/14
Your story has touched me deeply. I'm fortunate not to have ever felt that, my mom and dad were married and loved each other until he died. But, my sister went through this with her children, and I could see their faces as I was reading this well written, poignant and somber story.

The faith of a child is "powerful" in Christ, and her crying out to the Lord, is so tender. That a child of that age knows the Lord so intimately, is a gift in itself.

I pray that things will settle into a peaceful understanding for your grandchildren. They are so fortunate to have a Nana that loves them so much, and has not only opened her heart to them, but her home as well. God will bless you abundantly for your loving actions.

Thank you for sharing your story. And, that you will share this with your grandchild one day is affirming in itself, she'll be able to see how her faith brought her through her heartache.

You're in my prayers as always my friend.

God bless you all~
02/06/14
Oh, and I want to add. I loved this entry and I pray it does well with the judges.

God bless~
02/08/14
I am so sorry that this is based on a personal family experience. Divorce is often worse than a death. I am thankful your granddaughters are “bookends” that are leaning on each other and most importantly on Jesus. How wonderful that this touching and well written story will be saved for your granddaughter. May God bless and strengthen you all.
02/08/14
This is a touching and beautifully written story, especially moving as it is based on a true situation. Your granddaughters are blessed to have a grandmother who loves them and supports them at this time. May God bless you all.
02/09/14
I was 6 when my parents got divorced and, though my sister is my twin, I took on the "sister's keeper" role. Our lives have turned out very differently and I attribute the differences to the fact that I place my hope in Jesus.

I felt Elaina's struggle as I read this piece. Perfectly poignant.
02/10/14
A touching story with good content. Well written and composed. Thanks!
Heart gripping to be sure. Your family will be in my prayers Lynn. Praise God, your grandchildren know the Lord! It won't be an easy road and I pray as they get older they'll cling to Jesus.

God bless~
02/12/14
If only we all had the faith of a 10 year old! Maybe you could even say, the enormous faith of a ten-year old, or something like that.

My prayer is that this divorce will not last and the two will be reconciled. It has happened before. Someone must have faith for this child to know Jesus like she does. Never give up, I'd say.

Very good entry. Blessings, LaVonne
Congratulations on ranking 31 overall! Happy Dance!