The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 624 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved this from beginning to end. I even felt a tad uncomfortable and squirmed a bit when the young man spoke. How often we push things on the back shelf pretending that all is well when Sometimes the answer to prayer is simply to talk, bring our fears to the surface and allow others to comfort us. You did an outstanding job of nailing the topic.
12/14/13
This was a beautiful story and could easily have been true as so many bravely face cancer. And far too many do treat the illness of a person as a elephant in the room they try to ignore. I was also thinking Misty could easily top this party the next year…either by God giving her a healing or by being in Heaven with Jesus. This was a wonderful read!
12/16/13
Powerful, poignant and positive approach to exposing a common conspiracy of silence over illness or grief.
Well done.
Powerfully poignant, gripping. . .

Please "throw a brick" for others to enjoy, comment and support your writing:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37705

Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
12/18/13
A meaningful blend of the joy and sorrow at this time of year. A close friend in church just made the decision to end all treatments last week so this is very close to home.
Congratulations on ranking 13 overall!
01/08/14
Very well written and thoughtful - you have a lyrical quality to your writing that engages the reader.