The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 737 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/13
I really enjoyed this read! Wise husband you have! Love how you gave the visual of your husband’s precision with his ever ready tape measure…and then the visual of God’s precision, no tape measure needed. Great job!
Reminds me of my father-in-law. He always carried a tape measure and was always measuring things! The first two paragraphs don't seem to quite fit in with the rest of the article. Perhaps something like, "My husband never goes anywhere without his tape measure..." would have fit better with the rest of the story.
01/22/13
Hahaha. I enjoyed this entertaining and clever approach to the topic at hand. Nicely done. Thanks.

God bless~
I smiled as I read this. It took me back to my youth when I had to help Dad fill the truck with antiques to sell at the flea market. It amazed me how adept he was at packing. I learned from him, now my grown children will come to me and ask for help packing the impossible. I think for me that is the heart of this story. We learn from the previous generation and pass it to the next. God designed that in such a perfect way. I'm sure others will see different messages in your story, but have no doubt that whatever the message, you will touch many hearts.
01/24/13
That Wendell of yours is a true servant, because in many cases if you give people an inch, they'll want to 'rule!' You have packed many examples into the word limit. Well done.
Congratulations on ranking 8 in Masters and 11 overall!