The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1270 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/12
I enjoyed all the uses for honey described in this sweet(pun intended) entry. Also liked the spark of hope given to Shelly as words of praise came from her husband towards the story's end.
08/31/12
I enjoyed this well written entry. Powerful conclusion. Thanks. God Bless~
Yes, Honey-chile, this is good, well-written and emotionally involving. God bless you.
09/02/12
I liked this well written entry a lot. It was engaging and different and the ending was good. I didn't understand some lines at the beginning, the ten reasons to marry him, but maybe I'm a little bit naive!
09/03/12
Well written and a nice conclusions. I had to smile about the honey uses. My husband loves honey - in his cereal, on toast, biscuits, pancakes, in smoothies - you name it. But unlike Harmon, he's always been sweet with his words. Good job! God bless!
This is beautiful. This past week, there have been several stories about honey but there is something special about yours. I have learned that honey can heal an open wound, both figuratively and literally. You did a splendid job of letting me feel the pain of the MC and then at the end ... a glimmer of hope.
09/06/12
CONGRATULATIONS on your win with this well-written story! (I must admit there were a couple things near the beginning that I'm not sure I understand, though. What were the two kinds of nightly visits?) I enjoyed reading the different ways she used honey in the foods she prepared. It almost made my mouth water! :)
Very well written. Keep writing!
09/06/12
Beautifully crafted piece...The allusion to the MC's abuse was subtle but enough to give me insight into her deepest desire for a different kind of love from Harmon. Your ending of hope was sweet!
09/10/12
Congrats!!! God bless~