The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1905 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/10/11
Great title for this inspiring piece with its message of hopes and dreams. Your writing pulled me into the moments of your MC. My senses were pricked with the sights and smells of her daily life.
06/13/11
I really loved this. I was there with the MC and thought it was very smart to make her new point of view from a position of hope rather than an instant fullfillment of a dream. Hope takes more courage. Great writing!
06/14/11
Great title and descriptive phrases. I'm glad the MC challenged us to explore outside of our comfort box.
06/14/11
Certainly life in the raw - but dreams to be hoped for and fulfilled - everyone can have hope. I'm not sure the edge of the bed is the safest of places but then it would be stifling in other places.
06/16/11
great story.. hope the MC fulfilled the ambitions an engaging read
06/16/11
excellent... you drew me right into the story... congratulations on the level win and EC placement
06/16/11
Your first sentence drew me in and then my heart was engaged. Congratulations on this deserving win!
06/16/11
I am so glad you won the EC challenge! The MC was unforgettable.

This was very well written and memorable.

Again congratulations.
06/16/11
What an inspiring MC. Congratulations on your first place!
Heartfelt congratulations on your win!! Your story was unusual, awesome, and very very moving. Could be the beginning of a novel?
Oh man... I have tears in my eyes. I hope this goes in for best of the best! This touches so very deeply!
06/17/11
Ah! Tenement living. You brought it all back. Although I never had the nerve to explore the world from my roof top, certainly not at early dawn. Thanks for a gripping story, eloquently told. Congratulations for your first place win!
06/18/11
Beautiful inspiring story. Well done Kiwi! Congratulations on your 1st. Cheers Kel
06/20/11
Amazing! So vivid. Thank you for this poor little girl's outlook on life. You made us see things from her simple view, and yet at the same time showed how even she knew there was a better life beyond her world.

Congrats on your Editor's Choice!
Great job. At first I thought she was going to run away, but liked this so much better. I would have liked a tiny bit more of a hint of what country it was in. But that's my only red ink. Well done.