The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1741 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh I like how this was written. Although I love rhyming poems if they are done well this free verse story like poem captured my attention and my heart. I wanted to have the old man find someone who would come his way and minister to him but this was realistic and I loved your descriptions.".... it is here that the old man lives,
a bent man who makes his way with the help of a hickory cane
and a memory of a lifetime hiding in these woods.
of course, he was not always old,
he was not always bent,
he was not always near forgotten." Need I say more?great job!:)))
Wow, Jim - another masterpiece! I really love the taste of this poem! It has such a peaceful feel about it, calling us back to a simple faith.
05/20/11
I enjoyed everything about this poetic piece--though some may pity the old man, I applaud him and the quiet, simple and peaceful live he chose. Key word there is CHOSE.
What gorgeous pictures you paint with words. I like your poems more and more!
Really lovely. I wanted to know more! Beautifully written.
05/26/11
I love how you create a feeling of emotional ties with the character in your poem. Your poems and stories always have such depth and quality to them.
05/26/11
Beautiful, wonderful imagery. I am "there." Congratulations!
Congrats on your win!!! Your piece so deserved it. God bless you.:))
05/26/11
Beautiful. Many of your lines are very evocative. A skillful weaving of a poem.
05/26/11
Congratulations on your win! I am adding this poem to my favorites.

Are you coming out with a book of poems anytime soon?
05/26/11
beautiful... well deserved accolades
06/01/11
so breathlessly lovely...so deeply evocative...so deserving of the honor of first place. Congratulations!
...and went away to a very seldom place...Beautiful line. Beautiful poem. Congratulations!