The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1107 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a creative and clever idea. I can easily see it blossoming on the TV screen or in a movie or best yet as an entire novel.
You have given us something to think about We can't know what the future holds, but we know who holds the future. Be anxious for nothing.
I agree that I rely too much on my computer's spellcheck device. However, I'm glad I haven't come to rely on it for my Bible references as well. I enjoyed your story, and the message behind it. Good work.

Ermintrude! *chuckles* I love that name.
11/01/10
Your writing is evocative as always, put me right in the scene. Great creativity!
11/01/10
Wow, I like the way you seamlessly meld a sci-fi feel with shades of the days of Paul the Apostle and his letters to the churches. Knowing the precariousness of our world, I can see this situation taking place in the near future. You put me in that moment. Nice work!
11/01/10
Fascinating! Terri Blackstock wrote a series of books based on the same concept of what you presented here. I read them about 3 yrs ago and they still remain very present in my mind. What if?...

You did a great job with this and I'd sure love to read a longer version if you ever expanded this story. Great writing!
11/02/10
A sobering story, given today's climate. You handled the mission and the challenge of communicating it very well. Good job!
You make it too easy to believe that this could be our future. I'd better start stocking up on carbon paper! What scared me most was that this pastor's efforts would result in an army of only 200 -- but then I think, God can do wonders with an army that size if HE is their king and leader! Great entry on this topic!!
11/04/10
An interesting approach to the topic from a visionary perspective that clearly earmarks much of missionary experience and work. Well done!
Congratulations for placing 10th in level 4 and 17th overall!