The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1224 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Right on topic and a good history lesson. Instead of using your word count up on Paine's document, I think more plot, followed but just the opening phrase of this famous piece.....just my opinion. Nice entry.
04/16/10
Terrific sense of history - a case of the 'Paine' being mightier than the sword?
04/18/10
This period in our history is so precious to me. You made Thomas Paine real, from this different perspective. I enjoyed this greatly.
Very well done. I enjoyed it immensely. I too keep a place in my heart for that period of history, and you brought it to lifed in a wonderful way. Thank you.
04/19/10
Excellent historical writing -- really makes me feel like I'm there with them.
04/20/10
Loved the title. Great historical fiction with a unique POV. Good work!
I so admire those that can write historical fiction - and especially those, like you, who can write it so well. The illustration you chose to flesh out the topic is a stellar one and as relevant today as it was then.
04/20/10
As one with a degree in history, I really enjoyed this piece! Great job!
These words are beautiful and give me hope. As I read them recollections of History classes that I thought I had slept through flashed through my mind. Although History was never one of my favorite subjects, your way with words brings it alive for me once more. Thank you for sharing.