The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2016 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is powerfully written, a brilliant retelling of the "losing" side.
This powerful message kept me spellbound. Good introspection of the idol-worshipping priestess.
05/25/09
Incredibly vivid and an excellent execution of POV. So powerful.
05/25/09
Spectacular writing! You brought out just what a witch Jezebel really was. Now I understand why Elijah ran for his life.
05/25/09
Absolutely Wow! And a sigh for a fantastic read. Wow ...
05/26/09
Your writing made me hold my breath and wait although I could guess the outcome. Very well written.
Mona
I'm in awe of the writing, and the hint of what was to come at the end...perfect.
05/27/09
OUTSTANDING!!Deeelicious...through and through!! Yes! Writing can be delicious. You bet. :)

Thanks so much for sharing, Carol! Awesome...as usual!

Love it!
05/28/09
I am sooo proud and happy for you, Carol!!
Gorgeous, GORGEOUS writing. Just a pleasure and privilege to read.

And personally... for me?... it just feels really good to be right!! :D :P

Huge Congrats, Girl!

05/28/09
Riveting! Beautiful retelling of an intense moment in history. Congratulations...you definitely deserve your win!
Very well done! I agree, I relaly like the way you've given a twist to this piece, looking back. I was wondering who the great grandfather was at first, someone I had read about?:0) Then it hit me. Oh, this is good! Nice MC voice!!!Congrats on the win hon!!God bless!!!
05/28/09
Congratulations indeed. An awesome piece of writing. I so like to see Bible stories so powerfully brought to life
05/28/09
You brought this Biblical event to life. I could see, feel, touch and hear the story as it unfolded. Congratulations on your well-deserved recognition.
It's easy to see why this placed so highly. I liked not only the story but the unusual way you used your dialogue tags/introductions. It made for a powerful, but restrained presentation. Congratulations on your EC!
Oh my! Wonderful! When I realized what word she was waiting for, I couldn't help but grin knowing what word she would receive. Phenomenal writing - congrats on 1st place. This story is well deserving of the honor.
05/28/09
Congratulations on taking first place with this strong retelling of a familiar Bible story. This grabbed me immediately and your writing carried me through to the end. Great job.
05/29/09
Wish we could all write like this...how many first places are there?
06/02/09
Hi, Carol, sorry this is so late...I just loved your story this week. You DEFINITELY have a fan in me, my FW friend. Great Job!