The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2286 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/12/09
What a sad story—one you told very well.
03/13/09
Your entry is an example of how stiff the competition is this week and how superb the writing. Your entry is striking in its sad yet accurate portrayal of this ravaging disease. Very moving and terrific writing...it pulled me into the mind of Thandiwe. Really good!
03/13/09
A haunting and sad tale that occurs over and over again. A situation exacerbated by the employment policies of many companies and governments that only provide single person accommodation, leaving their workers vulnerable to the lure of prostitutes. Furthermore I have been appalled by the number of African men who on discovering they are HIV positive will keep this news to themselves, only telling their (equally infected) partner once they are in the terminal stages. What a complete and horrendous disaster AIDS continues to be! Well done, then, for reminding us of how it affects individual men and women
Excellent descriptions - I could clearly see everything - but a heartbreaking story.
Strange how such a desolate story can have such absolutely beautiful descriptions. Outstanding.
Sad story of Africa, but told with compassion and beauty.
Well done for this excellent story.
03/16/09
Amazing descriptions and so heartbreaking. Excellent.
03/17/09
This had to be difficult to write. You did it so well. Nothing contrived, leaving the story raw with truth.
Mona
03/17/09
This is a sad, yet heartwarming story. I loved the relationship between your MC and Joyce.
03/17/09
This was absolutely superb. Heartwrenching and authentic...wonderfully written.
03/18/09
Heartbreaking!
03/19/09
So terribly sad, yet so very beautiful and vivid! Congratulations--very well done!
03/19/09
Congratulations on a well deserved first place. You transported me right into Thandiwe's life. I have sat with many 'Thandiwes'. You told it as it is, yet put beauty in with the tragedy. Brilliant.
03/19/09
WOW! Congratulations on a well deserved win! It really drew me in and showed the story in such a powerful way.
03/19/09
Congratulations on your win with this compelling story. The voice of the MC was courageous as she prepared for her death. Tragic, but told in such a loving way.
03/22/09
A tragic life with eternal hope, written brilliantly. Congratulations!