The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1177 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/12/09
What a tragic situation for these women. This felt so authentic and heartbreaking. Masterfully crafted.
03/12/09
This is fascinating. But what a sad commentary on the lives of these poor children.
03/12/09
This is so sad. You made a very believable character for the reader to be drawn to and care about. Good writing.
03/12/09
An excellent angle. Almost makes me want to howl in rage at the unfairness of how women are treated in so many parts of Africa. To be fair though, it wasn't that long ago in Europe that women were also treated as little more than chattel.
I was saddened by the example your story presents of the difficulties of life in Nigeria. You did a good job of showing the mc's misery.
03/16/09
What a poignant entry on such a difficult topic, handled so artfully. You have written this so well, with a master's touch. Thanks for sharing this sad and severe consequence of too-young motherhood. I hadn't heard about it before.
03/16/09
You gave a vivid account on this topic. I feel this story has an excellent pace. It touched nerves. I think a good read always does. I was thankful hope superceeded in the end. You are a talented writer.
03/19/09
I felt so utterly humiliated and abandoned with her. You delivered this sad story well.