The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1754 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a nice, soft, gentle, comfortable read. Really good, creative descriptions in here. Somebody pass me a cup of hot chocolate please.
Well written!
12/08/07
Your descriptions are just lovely - I felt like I was right there. Beautiful images.
12/08/07
Your descriptions are just lovely - I felt like I was right there. Beautiful images.
Beautiful writing. The ending is perfect.
12/09/07
Ah, yes, I've experienced this. It's a real good thing, hospitality and all that comes with it. To affect one another this way, we need more than a Sunday morning handshake. Well-written.
12/10/07
I love all the personifications. Lovely story.
12/10/07
I love the images and the warmth your writing evokes. And my favorite is the paragraph that starts with "Curiosity" then ends with the description of a cat in "It licked my fingers and curled up on my lap -cautious, but willing to take a risk." I love it!! Beautiful writing!!
12/10/07
Oh, how I love this piece! So many great images here--the personification of curiosity, comfort, variety, and renewal was done masterfully! I've rarely read such a hopeful piece written so beautifully.
12/10/07
This made me want to join a home group! :-)
The comfortable, easy writing reflected the feeling of being part of the home group. I really liked this. :-) hugs.
Your personifications are wonderful and your prose is poetically beautiful.
12/13/07
A wonderfully written piece! Like a master painter, with each stroke of the brush, you create a perfect picture of a visitor to the Home Group. It's like a chapter from a good book--one of those books that you read way into the night--a page turner!
This is written so beautifully it flows like poetry. I'm blown away by how well this is written. Wow!