The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1691 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/26/07
Powerful and thought-provoking poem. Though we know our righteousness is as filthy rags, we still persist in putting it on and preening in front of our spiritual mirrors. Good writing and an interesting take on the topic.
07/26/07
This reminded me of that old song "Shall I Empty Handed Be …" Good work and as has been said — very thought provoking.
Good poetry writing and you expressed the ultimate embarrassment, our worst nightmare, that of failing our Lord. But I do have a slightly different view of spiritual "empty-handed-ness." I believe it was Corrie ten Boom's evamgelist aunt, tante Jans, who when facing her demise said it best, "Dear Jesus, I thank you that we must come with empty hands. I thank you that you have done all - all- on the Cross, and that all we need to be sure of in life or death is this!"
07/28/07
A really powerful poem. I thought the meter and the rhyming sequence were spot ion and the message was a strong one. I thought the cross turning to rust was a very strong image.
07/28/07
Wow! I could keep on reading that one over and over again. I liked all the internal rhymes of the various lines. Well done!
07/28/07
Sorry, the last comment was for the next article - my computer is moving too slow!
08/02/07
Oh wow - this is amazing and thought-provoking and gripping. Great imagery too. Masterful.
08/02/07
What a strong message in this beautifully written poem. Loved the imagery.