The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1557 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/07/06
A superb example of voice. You've very effectively combined modern idioms with the Biblical setting to make Peter absolutely real and relate-able. This has both wit and heart...and lots of wonderful phrases. Love it!
12/08/06
Ditto! I loved the voice. And what a wonderful way of contrasting how a fisherman would naturally feel about sheep. Excellent.
12/09/06
Excellent, EXCELLENT voice! This is just wonderful. I felt like I got a whole new perspective on Peter.
I love how honest and conversational this entire piece is. It was interesting how you changed the typical idea of the shepherd carrying a cute little lamb to carrying a flea-ridden ewe. Great job!
Oohhh, I hope this makes it into the EC. Awesome!
I adore your title, and I love this entry! Peter is one of my favorite Bible personalities, and you have made him come to life in a whole new way! And I love the tongue in cheek humorous thoughts he has, which you included in parentheticals. Just a super job! Blessings, Cheri
Awesome, awesome, awesome! I love this message given in a realistic Peter perspective. "I'm no better than a stupid sheep myself." But maybe that's the point! Exactly!

Great work.
12/12/06
My favorite line? Fish don't have fleas. A very good story and I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing it.
I think this is a winner! Masterfully written!