The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1845 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was wonderful! Delightfully engaging with a few chuckles tucked in. Great job!
09/07/06
Love it! "Clever" isn't a good enough word, but you are, you are!
LOL! Too funny! This would read a little better with the first paragraph borken into several paragraphs, but very good!
Great dialogue - both human and angel! Layers of cleverness here...funny with a twist of insight.
09/08/06
Very interesting and a great character study.
09/11/06
This started out good, and it just kept getting better and better...love it!
I actually read this last night, and loved it. Its sort of sad too, but very entertaining at the same time. Love Carl's last name!
09/11/06
Is this what that vacation did to you? You didn't go to the river did you? Loved the dialogue tagless dialogue. Hey, somebody just threw a rock at me!!! LOL Great writing!
09/11/06
Brilliant and creative mind. But I kept wondering about the paper towel? What was on it? Suddenly The angels came and interrupted my fascination with that towel. (lol) fascinating and unique story. "Masters"type writing.
09/11/06
PS: You did your research - there IS a mental institution on the Chattahoochee River. Good work.
09/11/06
Oh, William - did I ever love this! So clever and profound and funny and thought-provoking and probably half a dozen other adjectives that are escaping me right now. I especially LOVED the end! What a creative mind the Lord has given you!!
Very creative!
09/13/06
Very creative throughout, but I especially enjoyed the ending of this piece. "We are going to have to hit him in the head so he'll...start hearing God." Or so that she will, if I might add. Good work!
09/14/06
Congrats William!
09/14/06
William, Congratulations on a great win! Wonderful story filled with creativity and delight!
09/14/06
Sir William! Congratulations (again!)! You have a knack for giving us the most wonderfully human characters. I cannot help falling in love with every one. I hope you expand this into a long story, so we can see how this all turns out in the end. I'm so glad the Lord brought you and your talent to faithwriters, for our delight :)
09/14/06
Congratulations on your "Third Place" win!

God bless you as you continue to offer your gifts and talents to the Lord in such a wonderful way! Very, very well done!
09/14/06
Hi William,

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this piece. I was a judge for the river challenge and this piece really made me laugh. It showed well how God has a sense of humor. :) Did you get hit with a rock before you wrote it?
May God bless you in all you do!
Rachel
09/15/06
William, This is tops!! I'm glad I stopped by to read it. Bursting with originally, awesome characterization, dialog...you've done it. :) And, likewise, I could learn a thing or two from you too. Blessings. Jo
09/15/06
How clever and original. Congrats on your high placement.
09/23/06
Loved the atmosphere, the characters and all the levels the reader gets to experience. A great 'inside-out' perspective - loved it! ;)