The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 578 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/07/19
Love it! She was definitely already that woman in Proverbs. Great job.
03/07/19
That Proverbs Woman is a myth! No one can achieve that perfection, not even Martha Stewart! I enjoyed this spa day, but I felt for the MC. (You?) She probably would have enjoyed it more with her husband present. Well done!
I wish I knew how to make the font on my comment green because I'm absolutely green with envy that I didn't write this wonderful piece. While I've never been to a spa, it's such a vivid description of a typical family when Mom goes away for a few days. You captured it beautifully and if you don't win big on this one, I'll be totally shocked. Great job !!!
I LOVED your story, all of it--so much the desire of so many to be the Proverbs woman, and like your M.C., we fall short. I have so many "Wish I had done ..." and Lord, bless my family anyway!"
03/08/19
Great job with this!

Blessings~
03/08/19
This story made me smile. I especially liked the Skype chats, but the whole piece was great. Well done!
03/08/19
The Proverbs woman was written by a man! She is as elusive as a unicorn!

Having said that, this piece was lovely - made me smile because I have been that mom (except I stayed!)

Well written, and solid.
03/09/19
Heh. I like this. Also, who says we can't become more like the Proverb's 31 woman while also enjoying some time to ourselves? :) Loved some of the kids' antics and the line about coming from Cincinnati.
03/10/19
The only way we will come close to the goal of being more like the elusive Proverbs woman is to value self-care.

I really enjoyed the family dynamics of this, especially the dad trying to hide the bumps from mom while she is away.

Great job. And I literally laughed out loud at the Cincinnati remark.
03/14/19
Congrats!
Blessings~
03/16/19
Great ending! Congratulations!
03/17/19
Congratulations on your 2nd place win, Betty.

I enjoyed the dialog and humor in the piece. The title sums the story well.