The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 788 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/19
Oh this brought me to tears! What an amazing idea to shop for a memory, guided by Jesus. I also had goose bumps.
I was mesmerized by this. I found myself gripping the arms of my chair wondering where this was going. Your writing style is to the point, vivid, crisp and carefully crafted. Big time Kudos !
01/10/19
This made me teary-eyed. I'm glad you added the author's note. I have a hard time processing information (given the brain fog associated with my chronic illness), but once I saw your note, then it came together for me. This had to be hard to write and even harder to see in real life. Thanks for sharing this personal story with us.
01/10/19
That was so poignant - and well written. A good family friend was struck down by Alzheimer's when she was in her 40s and it was so sad to see the confusion, fear and anger she experienced.
So touching. My own father had Alzheimer’s so I can relate. This is original and the writing is top notch.
01/11/19
This is definitely an out-of-the-box entry! I loved the take on the topic. You did an excellent job of showing us what Alzheimer's must feel like.
01/11/19
My heart is crying with you as I take a deep breath. Your story touched my soul...as the previous entry did. This insidious disease is horrifically unraveling for loved ones as they watch their loved ones slipping away.

God be with you all...thank you for sharing.

You will be in my prayers.

God bless you~
01/13/19
Thanks for telling this imagining of the thoughts and feelings of someone with Alzheimer's. It's particularly moving as it relates to your prayer for your father. God bless you and your father at this stage of his life.
01/17/19
Congratulations on your most deserved win.
This story really touched my heart.

God Bless~
01/17/19
Congratulations! I really like the viewpoint of this. It hits close to home for me, as well.
Great writing. Welcome back!
01/17/19
A unique take on the the subject. A heart touching story. Congratulations! I'm happy your story won!
01/18/19
Oh I loved this! Very unique but so relatable for so many people. Very well done! Congratulations!
01/19/19
Congratulations on your placing, as you've drawn us into the personality-corrosion of people experiencing dementia in such a credible and moving way. Great work.