The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 420 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really enjoyed this...laughed out loud several times. Reminded me of a couple of similar trips that my wife and I went on.
02/15/18
Yes, sometimes vacations can be a lot of work. I like the bathroom that's as small as Scrooge's clerk's office, lol.
02/16/18
You drew me in so well that I was almost as exhausted as your MC - who I hope is not you.
But there was a bit of fun along the way to ease the load. Hope it does well.
02/17/18
I really enjoyed your story. I'm glad it had a 'happy ending' in that the MC, and later family, really enjoyed those vacations, despite the effort involved.
02/17/18
Such a good read!
Well done,
Blessings~
Great story. I loved all your descriptions, the stuffed boat, the bathroom. The last line was the best, when the MC stated that she is grateful that God planned so we don't have to take everything with us.

God Bless.
This made me smile and took me back to my parents' lake cottage. Mom did so much work to make it fun! I can relate to your MC, especially now since those days are cherished long ago memories. Congratulations on ranking 11th overall. Happy Dance!
Oops 12th overall, but still terrific!