The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 800 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was full of suspense and kept my attention throughout. Great dialogue between both characters.
02/14/16
This is a winner for sure.
An absorbing read that draws us in on so many levels; and this para -
"It was there, across from my swastika sporting friend, I began to do something war doesn't permit. Hope." - captures the whole picture so beautifully.
This is an exceptionally moving piece - enthralling. You should flesh this out into a book, methinks. What was truly delicious about this was the totally unexpected friendship that developed so quickly. Chocolate is a great equalizer, but the hearts of your characters melted in my hands while reading this. Thank you for a truly heart-provoking message . . .
02/16/16
My breath hung in the air like the ghosts of my neighbors hung in my mind.

Beautifully done. It reads like non-fiction but doesn't state that it is. Either way, every word captured me.

A pleasure to read.
02/16/16
Powerful story. Your ability to transport me back in time is quite a skill. I hope to learn to write this way.

There is such richness in the story you shared. Amazing job.
This remarkable story is for me a winner--surely publishable as is.
02/17/16
This story was so inspirational. The dialogue and setting were masterfully done.

The next to last sentence didn't make sense to me: holding the hand of wife.
02/17/16
This story was so inspirational. The dialogue and setting were masterfully done.

The next to last sentence didn't make sense to me: holding the hand of wife.
02/18/16
Your prose flows like poetry in this piece, and contrasted against the starkness of the setting, is almost breathtaking. Beautiful.
02/18/16
Beautiful!

Blessings~
02/18/16
Congratulations! A well-deserved win!
02/18/16
Me, again. Congratualtions! Well deserved!
I loved this rich, historical story! Congratulations on your well-deserved EC award.
02/18/16
Congrats!
Blessings~
02/18/16
Zach, Congratulations on your second place in Masters. Your imagery is something to behold. This was a breathtaking story that gives a historical journey back in time. Well deserved.
Congratulations on 2nd place--my favorite this week!
02/18/16
Congratulations, Zach, on your 2nd place EC award. This was one of my favorite stories this week.
02/19/16
This is an amazing story of hope, and a well deserved second place overall. Congrats!
Magnificent, my friend . . .
02/21/16
Congratulations on your 2nd place. This is beautifully and senstively written and held my interest throughout, without any jarring moments at all. Great writing!
02/22/16
Very, very moving.
02/24/16
You have a special gift of capturing the mood, the essence of a story as if you had lived it.

Well done.