The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 845 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/08/14
Excellent account and completely on topic this suspenseful well written entry. I was hungering for the fruit as well as I read, while I marveled at the dauntless work of those who listen to their "call" from God.

I loved this, well done...and memorable. Thank you.

God bless~
08/09/14
Guess that it's not only true for men...

'The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.'

The two women longed for fresh fruit. With their heart's desire compelling them, they endured sweltering heat & burning feet. Sorry they did not find what they looked for! Great wording in this story!!

Wing His Words
This is just sheer brilliance. I love how you can take away such a powerful lesson. I often wait too late to ask God what to do too. This story reinforces that lesson. Your MC is a great character and I felt like I was right there in the hot Sandy road.
Really enjoyed this. Strong clear writing, and full of immediacy for,reader; you took me right into the sights, sounds, smells, feelings.
08/13/14
It was like a masterfully played classical piece that started at a slow beat, then slowly picked up and then came to a heart throbbing crescendo.

Your words created a wonderful picture of disappointing dead-end journey.

Great job.

08/13/14
Heading for a cold shower after that trek through the hot sand with you. I think I actually have a few salty beads of sweat on my pate. The subtle way your message comes through makes a potent statement. You did an excellent job with this one.
Congratulations on ranking 19th overall! Happy Dance!