The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1354 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great story. You had me from the very first word until the end. I enjoyed this story and thought the POV was a brilliant idea. My daughter traveled the 8 hours one way to help with relief efforts last weekend. I was proud that she gave up her weekend and even though none of her college friends wanted to go she still went--maybe more nervous than had she been with a familiar face. I know her heart hurt as she shoveled out piles of ruined memories. Your story will really bring the truth home to many who can't understand what it was like because they have never experienced something so devastating. Great bit of writing.
11/19/12
Really enjoyed the POV - it gave me a new appreciation for those who suffer through these types of things. So glad you shared this.
11/22/12
Congrats on your HC nd EC. I think this is a superb entry and all the more so being written by the pooch, haha!

I watched Hurricane Sandy on TV from the other side of the ocean. I can't imagine how it was to be caught up in it.
11/24/12
Irritated from a doggie perspective. Perfectly witty and entertaining thank you!
Loved this and especially the POV - wonderfully creative and a super read. Congratulations, Frances on your EC.