The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1382 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/12/12
Loved this sweet romantic bird picnic story:) So glad the bird got his girl!
Delightful descriptions and characters in this fanciful little story. I really enjoyed reading it.
07/12/12
What fun, seeing the picnic from a bird's-eye-view! :) Very clever! You can tell that we are from a land-locked state, when we go to the beach we buy a loaf of bread just to feed the gulls and watch them swarm. The locals don't like the birds (or rather what they leave behind). :) I enjoyed this very much!
07/13/12
WONDERFUL picnic story! Colby is quite a clever character, and your descriptive writing helped me see the beautiful beach scene! (BTW, did you perhaps mean "unfolding" instead of "enfolding" in the last paragraph?)

Congratulations on a well-told tale! :)
07/13/12
I was taken in from the first word to the very last. I was really into every word. I truly enjoyed this with all of my heart. Great job.

God bless~
07/14/12
How creative, and very nicely done.
07/14/12
The first paragraph took me right to the beach! Beautifully done.
This is brilliant. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I've never had a picnic on the beach but you took me there. I like the POV and had thought of doing one from an ant's but decided it wouldn't be as out of the box as I hoped but you took the idea further and I loved seeing it from a bird's eye view :)
Ah, you lured me right into your trap. I love how you subtly reveal the true "character" of your MC, and the ending is simply delightful.
07/14/12
So much fun and very beautifully written. Well done.
07/15/12
I really enjoyed your creative take on this topic, from a bird's eye view. The seagulls always come to our picnics hoping we'll be generous.
07/15/12
Oh Wow!! I love this....Colby is one smart bird, he gets the girl and the dinner. This was so much fun to read. Excellent writing.!

God Bless
07/15/12
Oh Wow!! I love this....Colby is one smart bird, he gets the girl and the dinner. This was so much fun to read. Excellent writing.!

God Bless
07/18/12
Maybe I should be more gull-ible, but it took me some time to realise who Colby was. Very clever of you to give so many subtle clues even as you screened them from us. Congratulations on a very enjoyable read.
Yay, Vonnie, for an EC for this delightful story!
07/20/12
This was such a cute whimsical entry--but I have to admit, I didn't immediately catch on to the fact that the MC was a bird.
Living in AZ, not much chance of sighting a seagull. Anyway, a very enjoyable read, so congrats on taking 10th place with this one.