The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1407 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/16/11
I love how this fits the topic! The fact that the pastor has his own parallels added a whole new depth to this. Your humorous and light-hearted approach makes their story endearing. I'm cheering for them (to have another 25 years.) Love covers a multitude of sins, sometimes. :)
What a delightful story. My sympathy was for the pastor. It's nice that love covers all kinds of pauses.
06/16/11
Perry's mini pause was a bit too mini. A wide berth indeed...good think you didn't name her Bertha. :)

Poor pastor, but when his wife hears his side the story, she'll be glad she stayed home.
Funny, funny! Reminds me of a note the wife left her husband one day, "I'm out of estrogen, and I have a gun."

Yep, a wide berth. Great writing!
06/18/11
A really fun read. I went from disliking Patty to knowing too well her dillema. Great job!
06/18/11
Great dialogue and characters! Fun read.
06/21/11
Great dialogue. A really fun read.
06/21/11
This is a great, lighthearted look at a very trying time for women and their hubbies. Well done.
06/22/11
Nicely written piece showing how squabbles can snowball into a possible divorce if not carefully handled. It's a tough job for the pastor, but it's ultimately God who keeps a marriage together.
06/23/11
This reminded me of the perils of marriage counselling - many pitfalls and much silent prayer!
I love how you have brought it all to life, and left us hanging at the end, because there is always more to ...
Oh, this is great. I really enjoyed it. And I can so relate, LOL.
07/05/11
Ha ha ha ...poor Perry!
(I love how she explained her disappearance to preserve the marriage...so true!)
Haha, too funny and all too real, I'm sure for many couples.