The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1301 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/28/10
I enjoyed this very much. You did such a good job with your story-telling poem! Excellent!
10/29/10
This brought tears to my eyes. It is such a touching story, told in the most enjoyable form -- poetry. Your rhyme and rhythm are always so good. One cannot help but be carried away with the story. I never knew personally any soldiers killed in WWII, but I have heard of several stories. This one was the best. Whether fact or fiction, it certainly was factual. What a grand testimony to the mother who lost her son. So very well told. I loved it to the end...Thanks for sharing your talent...Blessings...Helen
This is so beautiful I had to wipe a tear away before I could comment. As Veteran's Day (and everyday) comes closer stories like this should remind us to pray for all those who serve their country. I am grateful for their sacrifice as well as the sacrifice of their families.
I've always had a deep appreciation for those who serve in the military. This is a beautiful piece - thank you for sharing it.
Such a heartwarming story is your beautiful poem. No greater joy could a mother have than to know she'd see her dead son in heaven someday. This really touched my heart.
I so appreciate the sacrifices of our armed forces, as well as the ones who wait at home for them to return.
11/01/10
This was so beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. No wonder the mother "lost it" believing her son was not saved.
This should be a winner.
11/01/10
Simply lovely. You created an era for me in poetry - which is tough to accomplish with a history nut like me. Well done!
11/01/10
Wow, knowing this is a true story makes is all the more poignant. What a time in history! Those who lived then were forever changed. Excellent meter, rhyme, and story!
11/03/10
Simply beautiful writing all 'round. There is no letter that you could bring greater comfort than knowing your loved one would be with the Lord. Very moving.
Congratulations in placing 25th overall.
oops sorry 27th overall, but you still did a great job!