The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1914 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/16/10
This story is so very real. I was right there with each character. So much stuffed into 750 words. Awesome work. I love how you ended it with the poem and the woman recognizing the girl's love language. And the title is perfection!
07/16/10
The pain and emotion of your MC are so well conveyed here and is balanced perfectly by the compassion shown by the foster mother. Heart-warming! Excellent writing!
07/16/10
Love, love, LOVE this story! I can see both of them vividly. This pairing definitely seems like a God-thing! I'd love to read Chapter 2.
Great job of showing your characters---and of making your reader care about both of them. I like the poem at the end.
07/18/10
Wonderful story,full of heart. Blessings, Ruth
Mari: Your writing always has such a real tone to it and takes the reader right into the scene. Great job on this one!
07/18/10
You presented both characters in first person and it worked to make the story even more dramatic. I was also seeing the battle going on so well in each life. Very well done.

Mona
07/19/10
Wow! The emotion here is so incredibly real and poignant, I felt that I knew these two characters. They definitely need each other. Powerful, deeply felt writing... very well done.
07/19/10
Truly excellent. Loved the contrasting voices of the characters, and the hint of a redemptive ending. Fantastic.
Mari:
Such real and believable characters. The contrast between the two "voices" makes this piece even more powerful. I really like how you don't have a quick and happy ending. This is tough love in action, ready to hang in there through thick and thin. You are a great writer.
07/19/10
This really got me. I have no idea how to write about it. Really good!
07/19/10
This moved me beyond words!
This touched me on so many levels. You did both voices justice. Small red ink-pus has one s (You used 2) The story was so riveting. I was drawn in and had empathy for both characters.
How very original and how very heart warming!
07/22/10
Love your writing gift! Congratulations! Hugs, Rita
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and for the Editor's Choice.
07/22/10
Marita, very nice blend on your writing. I like your style. Congrats on your finish!
07/23/10
Wow! You could feel the emotions...snot-bubbles and all. The two POV's worked great, plus a poem, to boot!
Well done!
07/23/10
So PROUD of you! Congratulations on a well-deserved EC!!! Fantastic way to start the new quarter!