The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1474 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/17/10
Gave me chills as tears entered my eyes. Comforting, hope-bringing and inspirational.
06/17/10
Well written thoughts on a very sad subject..A big writers challenge indeed. Keep Writing.
06/18/10
So sad, but beautiful and inspiring.
06/19/10
Poignant but not sappy, and both characters are very realistic. The sister confronted a true writer's challenge, and ministered to her brother with her art. That's what it's about!
06/21/10
An absolutely wonderful piece. Definitely my favourite this week!
Thanks so much - Colin
06/21/10
WOW!
This is simply beautiful!
Congratulations in advance, if I may guess!
:D
06/21/10
Tender, gentle, and realistic. I enjoyed it very much.
06/21/10
Sweet and tender. Lovely piece that tugged at my heart.
I confess I was crying when I read this. It is a sad story, but then the sister prays and discovers the words to take her brothers fears away and hope is indeed renewed. Thank you. Keep writing. God Bless.
You are an expert at combining joy and sorrow. Well done.
This is so beautiful. I really liked the honesty of the little brother. The fact that he feared Heaven might be boring is a thought I've had too. I often will picture it like church, quiet and solemn and sometimes with a boring sermon. This is a fresh take on the topic and done quite masterfully.