The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1527 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/09/09
This is a devotional in disguise. Very good life lessons and riding lessons here:)
As a rider who does both Western and English I can so identify with this lesson in the posting trot. It will help me not only in developing my riding skills, but my Christian life walk as well. Well done seems an understatement as to the creative way you worked this week's theme into what a casual observer might simply overlook.
I know nothing about horses, but I found myself enjoying this piece. I think it's because you did a spiritual comparison, and that helped me picture things. Good lesson to be learned here.
You found a wonderful analogy for the Christian life and described it well...without preaching. Well done.
04/12/09
I'll be reminded of this whenever I see a horse and rider. Your message "finding a way to deal with the movement" is so excellent. I don't even have to ask if you ride horses. :)
04/13/09
This was so lovely...what a wonderful spiritual parallel you've created. Excellent.
04/13/09
Love this piece. Your writing is so easy to read, and the message is amazing. Great job with the topic.
04/15/09
I'm in the middle of a struggle to find my way, to stop fighting the movement. Very good analogy.
04/15/09
I love the spiritual analogy here. So well put.
I loved this story. A friend has recently gotten me riding her horses with her and so I could relate well to this. Love the lesson from the Lord in it as well. Well done.
04/16/09
Congratulations on your EC. I really enjoyed reading this, and was so glad to see that it placed.
04/16/09
CONGATULATIONS on your EC win! :) This was a well-written story with an excellent message!
04/16/09
YAY you! Up! Up! Up! :)

Very nice writing, Shirley - as always. Congrats!
04/16/09
Congrats on your EC, Shirley! So cool!
I knew people would be able to relate to this one, even if they knew nothing about riding horses. Congrats on your EC!
Thankyou so much for this - what a lesson. Its a most wonderful parable and so challenging