The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1093 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/19/09
What a sad story—and yet you ended it with hope and promise. Well done. One little detail: You wrote: "egregious personality" where I think you meant "gregarious" — a world of difference there but an easy fix.
Whew... intense! Excellent writing.
03/19/09
Powerful powerful writing.
As a doctor in Zimbabwe I once sat with the family of a pregnant lady who was dying of AIDS. It had just dawned on us all that the baby would have a chance of life if we did a Caesarean section. If not the womb would be its grave. I don't think I have ever faced a more emotionally charged or ethically fraught situation. There is no black and white here.
You portrayed the battle going on in this young man's heart like it was being played out in front of us. Excellently written.
03/20/09
Gripping - poignant - heartrending. This beautifully illustrates that "precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints." What we grieve, God welcomes home. Very well done!
Your first sentence said it all. Still your sad story shows well the eternal hope of the Christian.
03/22/09
A tragic story buoyed by hope at the end. You have portrayed our submission to God's will beautifully.
03/23/09
Powerful account of a very tragic and human moment made bearable by our trust in God's ultimate mercy.

I confess I shed a couple of tears. I have been in the midst of many of such moments.

Thank you for sharing this heartfelt story.
03/24/09
So amazingly, incredibly, totally masterful and engaging. What an awful situation to be in. I was right there. Just an incredible piece.