The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1542 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/04/08
How lovely—the comparisons really highlight your title. Well done.
How beautiful is your account of your son's birth!

Your conversation with Mary is so well done, and one that I can relate to, as my first-born - a little girl - was also a December baby, due on Christmas Day but arrived three weeks early.
12/05/08
What a priceless story. You certainly won the grand prize! I don't know if other pregnant Christian mums think of Mary. I know I did. My musings weren't as romantic as yours - I think my medical brain gets in the way at times! But then I didn't deliver a baby on Christmas day. Beautifully told.
I bet you only get comments from females. (Go on guys, prove me wrong!)
12/06/08
Oh, I LOVE the parallels, and what a beautifully constructed and described true story. Wonderful.
12/07/08
Mary's journey takes on a new significance when you have a Christmas baby, doesn't it? I like how you've woven your conversation with Mary into this memoir. My son was born Christmas Eve, and I remember details that I might have forgotten because of the associations I made with the Christmas story during my pregnancy and childbirth; I learn lessons anew each year. And though I wasn't able to sing with the choir that year, my choir director and the pastor called between services to check on me. :-) Thank you for sharing--your story blessed my heart--and I'm off to kiss my six-foot-two "baby boy!"
This is so touching and detailed. I can relate on so many levels. My daughter was born on Christmas Eve. I, too, thought of Mary when I was about to give birth. This is a lovely account. Thanks for sharing.
12/09/08
Your comparisons, or questions to Mary, during your own child's birth, was impeccable. This is a great story, and true too, WOW!
12/09/08
This is such a tender account of two beautiful births. Your dialog with Mary adds dimension and warmth. This is a beautifully written winner in my book.
Beautiful, and lovely in every way. Congratulations!