The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 951 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A little bit of sci-fi and a little bit of Scrooge. Nice. I liked the way she saw what she could become and realized that her way out was to call upon Jesus. I liked the story alot. Very creative. Good writing.
11/22/08
A wonderful sense of tension drew me line by line through your exhilarating and deliciously enigmatic story. I thought it worked well to keep everything in the present tense for that rush of immediacy and panic.
Chilling and convicting. I love the last line.
11/23/08
I was fascinated by this. Great characterization and an excellent message.
11/26/08
A sort-of dark Alice going down the rabbit hole. Very interesting touch.
What a chilling experience! Was so glad she got the lesson. Really enjoyed this. :)
Now this was definitely "out of the box" writing. It had sort of an "It's a Wonderful Life" feel to it; and it speaks to the many and varied ways God can speak to us in a language that we ultimately understand.
11/26/08
YES! This was a total "grabber"! Very creative and spoke oh, so loudly! My favorite line " The greatest gift isn’t under the tree, for Bailey. It’s in its rightful position, above the lights that shine because of it." Well written.
Amazing writing!