The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1599 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/10/08
Boy, does this delight the soul and bring back delicious memories. Great work.
04/12/08
Masterfully done - a painting in words. So visual. I don't think I've seen atmosphere done better here.
04/12/08
You described your grandparents' place so vividly that I really felt like I was there. Great job.
04/13/08
Mmm...coconut cake and blueberry pie...fried chicken and mashed potatoes...oh what yummy memories! Beautiful story and chock full of wonderful memories.
04/13/08
Wow! I feel like I did go to your grandparent's house with you. Thank you for the sweet visit. What beautiful memories you have. Awesome. Thank you, thank you!
Laury
I was there every step of the way. This was just plain wonderful Verma. Thank you so much.
04/13/08
Wow, I felt like you packed me in your suitcase and let me out at your grandparent's house. This was brilliant. Well done.
04/14/08
Simply lovely from the words, to the descriptions, to the memories you share.
This could be a most lovely, enjoyable dream! Everything was so real, I felt as if I were right there. It was that summery, afternoon in August sort of feeling. I loved the touches with the crystal droplets lingering on your tongue, the creaking gate and the blueberry pie! Yum! Your title was perfect for this. Really lovely writing! ^_^
04/14/08
I loved being young with you. This was a wonderful trip down memory lane...I could see, smell, hear, and feel everything!
04/14/08
Verna, this is astoundingly masterful, and a superb example of how to write in 2nd person. I never would have thought of it. Beautiful atmosphere...you took me on the journey, just as you intended to.
I will. Oh if we could trade a day of today for one of the past. Your details made this setting come alive to me. What a life!
This is so beautiful I wish I'd written it. I felt as if I'd been going there all my life, you fleshed it out with such skill. Many, many congratulations!!