The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1700 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/07/07
I love this interior monologue - wish you'd had the words to share some of the actual prayers. I also fell in love with Tillie - what a senior saint! Beautiful.
12/07/07
very nice. tillie was so frail and helpless, but ending up being the HELPER in the end:)
12/08/07
I love this. Your MC is perfect. I chuckled hearing her thoughts during the prayer. (The comment about the shoes was priceless.)

I think this situation is very realistic. I know people who don't go to Bible studies because they're afraid they'll have to pray out loud.

You did a great job with the characters and the story.
12/08/07
Common problem—prayer drift, that is. Well done.
12/09/07
I love the name Tillie. Great story. Praying outloud can be intimidating but the comfort of a smaller group can sure help. Very entertaining as well. God bless.
12/09/07
"Precious" is the word that comes to mind, both to describe Tillie and this story. Lovely writing.
12/09/07
This piece is both well written and also filled with hope for many Christians who are terrified to pray in groups. God will use this for great purposes.
12/09/07
Very good story. I really liked Tillie, of course.
Laury
I loved Tillie and I also love how you show the struggle some have in praying out loud. Beautifully written!
12/10/07
Well done ... Tillie is indeed a gem--you crafted her personality perfectly! Good message included here and communicated well. Great job! :)
It's so easy to forget how intimidating prayer can be for those who are unaccustomed to it. Thanks for a loevely story of victory coupled with a reminder of the value of an older saint.
12/10/07
What a hoot! I laughed out loud (and related - slightly - hee hee) to poor Tillie. Wonderfully crafted. Nicely done.
12/11/07
I relate so well to the fear of speaking (or praying)out loud in groups. This story felt so real to me, and Tillie is a treasure. Good job!
Just a simple little story told beautifully. I loved Tillie and the genuineness of the narrator.
Hmmm, I think I've been to this Bible study. LOL Loved the story!