The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 3857 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/01/07
I like the creativity to get this message across. Well written, and definitely made the point. Good job with the topic.
The finality of Hector's fate is "too scary" but scripturally and theologically sound. You nailed that with a masterful stroke: "The general consensus had been that Hector hadn’t really been a citizen of the Kingdom. He had been enjoying the benefits, but made very little contribution. He was more like a squatter."
12/05/07
I'm stunned that there aren't more comments--this is brilliant! Humor with a bite...the best kind. Superb writing.
This is powerfully creative. Your message is summed up perfectly: Gifts used are faith demonstrated.
12/05/07
Wow, what a delightful imagination. You captured a truth with humor... no small feat. I loved it.
oooh. This gives me tingles reading about it. The kind of scenario that you kind of hope never happens to you and then you worry if it really has. This was thought-provoking with a tad touch of humor in it. Nice job!
12/06/07
What good work! This was very creative. I wish you well tomorrow!
Laury
12/06/07
Congratulations on a superb story! What a unique twist to a Bible truth.
12/06/07
Congrats on your EC win! Excellent story! Great writing!
12/06/07
Congratulations on your 1st place EC. This is a very creative story.
12/07/07
1st place EC - oh yeah. This was creative, clever, and I loved how you worked in scriptural references with humor. You really got the message across with a smile and a kick in the pants. I love it.
So so creative! I love the last line; ok, I love it all, but the ending is awesome. Congrats! :) Love, Cat
12/07/07
Congratulations on your EC placing! Wonderful modern day revisitation of the parable of the servant who buried his gifts from the master.
This was awesome....reminded me of the scary verses in Matthew 7 that talks about those saying "Lord, Lord" and His response, "I never knew you."

Great story!