The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1986 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/07
God is amazing, isn't He? I love the process this poor Will went through - and the humor you worked into the piece. Great characterization, and I love the ending.
10/26/07
Loved the humor in this piece. A light take on a serious topic (water phobia).
10/26/07
Just the right touch of humour. The flashbacking was well done too. Good job.
This made me smile. It's a well written, fun read.
A very interesting and creative read--including your song at the end.
10/28/07
I lost it completely when the MC suggested using snow. And I love the 'Keep working on it' response.
I enjoyed this. It was very cute and creative. Good job.
10/30/07
Ok, this line made me laugh out loud:
Silence—then Bob said, “Will, I’m not baptizing you with a mist-maker.”

What a creative and entertaining story!
10/30/07
Loved the parallels of rescue in the well and the ultimate rescue with Jesus. Also enjoyed the humorous take on all kinds of baptisms for the water-impaired soul. Very enjoyable read--thanks for the journey.
10/30/07
Lovely from beginning to end.
10/30/07
Nicely written! This young man is putting off obedience because of fear. His fear of water could very easily be replaced by each of our fears that holds us back:) I shudder to think of all the excuses I use! Oh my!
Laury
10/31/07
Super submission. Wonderful writing. Energetically entertaining. Another masterful manuscript.
Clever and concise. I loved the bits about the steam room and snow bank. You're consistantly creative, Jan!
God bless.
I am almost 100% sure that he did not need to stay beneath the water long:
"I’ll stay underneath the water
‘Til my cleansing is assured."
Because from beginning to end of this wonderful story he showed his heart in his words for everyone to see; and it was a pure heart for the love and salvation only Christ could give. Your story evokes hope for us all no matter how we come to finally be saved.
10/31/07
Very creative story. I loved the rescue parrallel and the humor. Isn't it so true that when we think we need to "keep working on it" God is actually working on us.
10/31/07
This story is absolutely perfect! I would never change one iota. It is real and demonstrates how God does work in us to change us according to His will. Beautiful job telling this story!
I like the transparency of this character. Very nice.
Well done (hear me clapping?) I just love the humor in this story, I'm still laughing! Great writing.