The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1762 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/09/07
Witty....imaginative...and creative. What can I say, besides, you've got what it takes! Congratulations on putting the Sermon on the Mount in everyday language. I hope you're not thinking of writing a new Bible translation...are you? Wonderful job!
Super creative entry!
Witty and clever, clever! I loved the while concept and could see Jesus "on his roll"!
How did you ever come up with this idea!
03/13/07
This is AWESOME!
Very creative and good use of parables. My favorite was the one using the waterfall. The funniest has got to be the shopping cart though. I really enjoyed reading this.
Okay, Al, I'm sitting here laughing out loud as I read this, my daughters wondering what is so funny. In fact, they are hiding from what they think is a mother suddenly separated from her senses.

The parable of the false waterfall made me pause and think, though. For some reason, that one will stay with me for a while.

This was too funny, but with great messages, although the last parable is one I have to think about for a long while. Was Jesus starting to lose it?

Terrific job, Al.
Happy to report that I got the last parable on my second reading through!
Too funny! You had me laughing all the way through this. I like the thought of being in a shopping mall and preaching a sermon. You did good with the comparisons of the sales (after Thanksgiving sale) and with the shopping cart and BMW. Excellent message delivered with humor...nice touch with the Mountain Dew. ^_^
03/14/07
Funny, creative and very clever! You had me laughing at the “...shopping cart full of purchases that is let free on a sloping parking lot and dents the door of a BMW." Excellent from beginning to end.
03/14/07
What a RIOT! I couldn't figure out your hint, so I am SO glad you threw a brick! I am sure you had an absolute blast writing this- hopefully at least as much fun as I had reading it!
03/15/07
This was FUN. I loved the Kingdom of God is like an after Thanksgiving sale. I can just see the folks drawing in closer to hear more...
Oh oh oh, my sides hurt! When I read this, "Not now, I'm on a roll," Jesus replied. I burst out laughing and never stopped. DE-lightful! (I was supposed to not get the last parable, told after too muh caffine, right? :) ) A winner for me! Now I must go dry my eyes.