The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1318 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/03/07
First of all, I couldn’t resist a story with your title. I enjoyed a few laughs reading about your deciphering your mother’s written words in such a timely manner. The paragraph about your father’s job was also very interesting. Sounds like a dream job for a writer. And what an awesome keepsake you have of his work.
02/03/07
I loved your humor and poignancy in this piece. What a wonderful walk through your love affair. I enjoyed the trip!
I loved it! I imagine you also have several humor pieces tucked away in another cigar box somewhere.
Good job!
Love the humor and that grandmother could understand gibberish...delightful piece!
02/07/07
You have some adorable childhood memories in this one. Because there were a few in one piece, it disrupted the flow to jump from one to the other without making something in particular about reading the theme. I think I'd revamp it and focus on where reading took your imagination, or else on how it connected you to family to sharpen it.
Thanks for the sweet tales.
02/07/07
I enjoyed this article. You gave us a walk through in a humorous way of your early life and love of words and you painted this with love not only for words but for your family.