The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1323 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You weaved a great story here - and one that didn't go where I was expecting it.
I've seen so many stories that start out happy and end in misery - this story of continuing blessing was refreshing.


Thanks, and God bless,

Kevin
Crying and reaching for a tissue. This really touched home. Thanks for sharing.
01/15/07
A beautiful story of the start of an amazing legacy. I was truly blessed by each scene.
01/16/07
Well done! It's very hard to make so much time pass in such a short story, but it seems quite effortless here.
I didn't expect the sad ending! Very well written though, I could connect with the characters and emotions, except for the part about Lisa-Joy when she was 5 years old. The first couple of sentences didn't sound like something a 5-year-old would say. Just my opinion though! Kids are smarter than we give them credit for.
01/17/07
A very sweet story which touched home for me too. Like Molly’s cookies, the story is reminiscent of my grandmother’s own legacy with her éclairs. I enjoyed how the ministry of her cookies was continued on in her honor.
01/18/07
Yes ... this touched my heart. Well done!
01/18/07
Great story. I'm reading "The five love languages" by Gary Chapman this would fit in his book nice.
I really liked how you moved the story from honeymoon stage... past first kids kindergaten to more kids...etc. I really liked how it jumped from year to year, you did it very smoothly. Very well done. I liked the blessing it was to each individual. An outward expression of someone's love with something so simple. Nice Work! xox