The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1716 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/15/06
Powerful writing! A reminder and revelation to me how my own mother broke the on and off cycle of her mother and kept us intact at all costs.

This is so beautiful and yet so touchingly sad. And a wonderful example of God's power to mend.

A story not easily forgotten and onre that touched my heart.
02/16/06
What an incredible story! If this is not true to you, you've certainly done an amazing job of getting into your character's head. Absolutely amazing!
02/16/06
Poignant and touching, with an authentic voice. Very gentle writing...I liked this very much.
02/16/06
Powerful lesson. Well done :)
Beautifully written account of an agonizing experience. The detail makes this story come alive. I could hear the mirror shatter and even feel the cracks in the glass.
Great writing!
02/17/06
You've done it again. Very good writing. Smooth, well paced, expertly detailed. Find a place on your mantle for yet another award!
"Except for the photograph on my dresser."

I loved the impact of that line, standing alone. The mirror shattering was also very well likened to her heart. This was full of very real emotion and you made me feel for the young girl with her naivety of how long a break was. Very well done.
Your writings are like mirrors reflecting the parts of one’s own soul that needs to understand itself and by understanding begin to heal. Praise God for your literary gifts.