The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1640 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/01/06
Wow ... this is powerful. A powerful topic and powerful writing. Thank God for music, for the sensitivity of His people to His Spirit, and for His hand on His people.

Although I know too well that God doesn't always step in and save us from ourselves......

Great writing. Those tears are precious indeed.
02/01/06
Beautiful work. I love it!
What can I say? Awesome. Powerful. A challenge to me as a musician to make sure my heart is ready when leading God's people in worship. Nice work.
02/03/06
A wonderfully touching story -well done.
02/03/06
Oh, how I wish more church musicians were so sensitive! I loved your alternating voices.
02/04/06
wonderful. This makes me long to be sensitive to the Spirit's leading. He uses us in such powerful ways when we let Him.
02/04/06
You asked for an hoenst critique, so I'll do my best. Your message is powerful, your character is real. The healing power of God is captured well. I personally struggled with the alternating voices. I know others liked it.. but my thought is that we only have 750 words. You divided that between two distinct characters... 375 words each. Can't tell two deep and powerful stories in 375 words each. That limit forces you to "Tell" us what they are feeling / doing instead of "showing." I might have tried telling this only through the eyes of the music minister... then "show" us what he sees in the girls actions / reactions. That doesn't detract from your obvious skill and your smooth use of the English language. You've got game, to be sure. People will be touched and healed by reading this piece.
02/04/06
I actually loved the alternating voices. Each was distinctive and put a creative twist on the piece. The story moved forward nicely and the message was powerful. Awesome work!

02/04/06
I am unfamiliar with "Praise Adonai"; however, it must be the equivalent of a choir singing "Just As I Am" at a Billy Graham crusade. Just the sound of the music brings one to their feet or to their knees...at the altar. I loved the duo=thoughts of both the musician and the girl in need. Very impressive. Good job.