The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 651 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/22/19
Every parent's worst nightmare. As a parent and grandparent, I hope I never do this, but I know from a personal friend's account (and a near miss) how this can happen.

Such an honest, albeit bleak, look at the topic. I think, hard as this was to read, that it might well place.
08/22/19
What a heartbreaking, yet unfortunately all too common, story. Great writing.
08/23/19
I saw where this was going and it was still hard to read. Painful, but a necessary reminder. I agree that this piece should place!
Painful to read but very well written. Reading your piece, I could relate to it all—the joy of starting the day, the satisfaction of service. It is easy to become focused on one thing and lose sight of another. Great job of bring our emotions to the surface.
Painful to read but very well written. Reading your piece, I could relate to it all—the joy of starting the day, the satisfaction of service. It is easy to become focused on one thing and lose sight of another. Great job of bring our emotions to the surface.
08/25/19
Mores shocking than the fact that she died, was the lingering question "Gods Work?" Its a great example of what could happen to just about anybody, and it brings up the age old question "Why do bad things happen to good people?"
08/28/19
This happens all-too-often. It breaks my heart. I can't imagine the pain and anguish the parents face. If there were one ounce of comfort ... I'd give it to them. Well written. God bless.
08/29/19
Oh my. How heartbreaking. This is an excellent way to remind ALL of us that God never intended that the pastor do ALL the work of the church. We're all part of the Body of Christ. We need to support our pastors - both in prayer AND by reducing their workload. Thank you so much for the courage to write such a raw piece.
08/29/19
Congrats! I'm not one bit surprised that this piece won. I was so sure it would place. Well done.
This is a story that needs to be told. It happens every summer. Congratulations on ranking 1st in your level and 11th overall. Happy Dance!